Today, with a myriad of endless beauty products flooding the market, the Biologique Recherche p50v lotion is one of the TRUE game changer products to get excited about indeed.
The lotion P50v is the magic in the bottle; it is simply the best acid toner of all time. Just a quick search of this toner on Google, (don’t mind the spelling, Google will correct it).
Your search will show a myriad of articles and comments from a cult-like enthusiast touting it is a life saver, godsend, and a real miracle product.
And I’m not exaggerating, just look for yourself.
After years of seeing this product pop up in various articles full of praise and the top-tier glowing customer reviews, I decided to take a closer look at it for myself.
Let’s find out if this product is worth all the rave.
I must admit, though, that the Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V is by far the most hugely hyped, product on the market that can help your skin.
There is a little mystique surrounding this most coveted product; it is nearly an impossible product to get hold of, and it comes with a hefty price tag and exorbitant shipping fees.
Enough hype, though, first let’s talk about what makes all the die-hard fans of this product go crazy.
What Is the Biologique Recherche P50V Lotion?
Technically, the P50v is not a lotion it is a balancing, exfoliating toner. Simply put, the P50v Biologique Recherche is a multifunctional product designed to exfoliate dead cells and impurities, regulate excessive sebum secretion, hydrates and balances the pH of the skin daily.
The p50v does an excellent job at clearing blemishes, as well as, fades hyperpigmentation’s, it can also be used to treat ingrown hairs!
How it looks and smells.
The P50 toner is a watery yellow liquid that smells like vinegar. When you first open the bottle, you will notice a strong vinegar-like smell, though it is pleasant, it sure is unique. You do get used to it over time, especially when you first start noticing the miraculous results.
Who can use the Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V?
This is a great skin product for anyone with super sensitive skin. All skin types can use this product.
There are six types of this classic cult exfoliating toner available. That is why it is advisable to have a skin consultation before you can buy one. Here is a closer look at the p50 family products.
1. Lotion P50 1970 – Original-; This cream has phenol, appropriate for all skins except the sensitive.
It particularly works perfectly for thick, oily skins.
It contains Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Sulfur, Vinegar (Acetum), Thiodiglycol, Niacinamide, Magnesium Chloride, Vinegar, and Sodium Benzoate.
2. Lotion P50
This lotion is the strongest and most ideal for all skins except for people with sensitive skin. It will work perfectly for anyone with a thicker oily skin.
3. Lotion P50w 1970
This cream is designed for mature skins particularly, reactive skin and sensitive skin.
It contains: Extract, Sodium Met Bisulfite, Phenoxyethanol, Sulfur, sialic acid Propylene Glycol, Water, Lactic Acid, Phenol, Lacustris Spicule Extract, Vinegar, Thiodiglycol, and Magnesium Chloride.
4. Lotion P50w is a cream designed for people with mature skins as well as sensitive, rosacea and reactive skin.
Also, this product is formulated with no Phenol which might be an irritating ingredient for people with sensitive skin.
It contains Sulfur, Capsicum, Amica Montana, Allantoin, Vinegar, Citric Acid, Sorbitol, Serine, Sodium Lactate, Niacinamide, Sulfur, Allantoin, Benzoate, Water, Phytic, Urea, Magnesium Chloride, and Root Extract.
5. Lotion P50V 1970: – If you have dry to normal thin and or sensitive skin, this is the ideal moisturizer for your skin.
It contains Vinegar (Acetum), Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Phenol, Lactic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Water (Aqua), Glycerin and Phenol.
6. Lotion P50 V: – This product contains no phenol and is ideal for people with sensitive, thin and or dry skin.
It contains Benzoate, Lappa Root, Magnesium Chloride, Sulfur, Sodium Salicylate, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Citric, Phytic, Water (Aqua), Niacinamide and Gluconolactone.
How did the idea for Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V was developed?
In the early 1970s, the only lotions available for musicians and beauticians contained strong acids that were somewhat too harsh on the skin.
Dr. Allouche felt that there was no product being offered in the market designed to relay the harsh, aggressive solutions and counteract the hazardous results and help reinforce the epidermis.
Thus, early in the year 2000, Dr. Allouche reformulated the p50 by integrating new helpful ingredients into it that were aimed at fighting the challenges people were facing with their skins.
The new p50 formulated, was packed with anti-inflammatory plants and anti-oxidants to help the natural skin exfoliation process.
Why is the Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V so useful?
Most people have called the P50v Bio “Jesus in a bottle”; this comes from its effectiveness and extremely fast and long-lasting results. But why?
The P50 is designed to provide a lot of free vitamins and anti-free radicals as well as a sebum controller and a powerful moisturizer.
The lotion p50 is formulated to penetrate deeply into the skin and make strong the epidermal barrier on the skin as well as, enhance the natural exfoliating epidermis process.
This, therefore, boosts the epidermis performance and its protective functions enabling it to regenerate well and maximize the lotions working ability to give you a clear, soft glowing skin.
The Lotion P50 Ingredients
Truth be told, the lotion P50 is an excellent product that has set the bar so high no other product comes close. But there is no divine intervention associated with this product; it’s all in the ingredients use.
The ingredients used to formulate this lotion are listed above. This is how they help the skin:
• Lactic acid and Salicylic acid – Slough off the dead skin cells that clog pores hence strengthen the skin, leaves the skin brighter and helps control acne
• Sulfur – fights skin breakouts
• Glycerin – moisturizes skin and keeps it hydrated
• Vinegar – Cleanses the skin
• Niacinamide – Soothes any present acne breakouts, reduces redness,
• Phenol – It is an antiseptic and numbs the skin for effective results
How to use the Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V
Though this P50v lotion is not exactly named a toner, it is what most devotees and Biologique Recherche cult members use it as.
This cream is designed for two times usage every day. However, if you are just starting out, I recommend you try using it one a day.
For the first two weeks, try applying a few drops of this elixir to dampened cotton pads with cold water and gently pass over each area by releasing over each area once. That is in the face, and neck in the evening and morning.
Now, this lotion does not come cheap. Thus, it is imperative you purchase the ideal wipes to maximize the application and avoid wastage. However, if your skin is too sensitive, try switching to cotton buds.
There is no doubt that the Lotion P50V Biologique Recherche is indeed a fantastic product. People love it because it produces results! Some of the results are:
• This lotion minimizes oil production and pore size
• It clears black spots and blemishes
• Prevents acne breakouts
• Works on post acne pigmentation and fades them away fast
• Gives skin and extra boost and leaves it with a glorious glow
• The P50 sloughs off dry skin cells and delivers a glowing, smooth texture
• The P50 improves skin texture
• Hard to find
• Leaves a tingling sensation (which some people like)
• Has a strong unpleasant smell
Tips for First Time Users
1. Go easy on the product especially if you are not sure how your skin can react to acids.
2. Try to get past the strong vinegar smell, trust me you do get used to it after some time, and hey, it’s no big deal given the amazing effects, you get to see after using this lotion.
3. Use sunblock every day. This lotion contains acids that resurface the skin, and if you don’t wear any SPF, you are most likely prone to sun damage.
4. Keep in mind that the Lotion P50V has different formulations. Since the first lotion in 1970, several others have been formulated, make sure you get the product that is compatible with your skin type.
Don’t freight, though; there is a version made just for you.
5. Don’t use your bare hands to apply this product. That’s too wasteful given that the lotion P50 is expensive.
Where to get the Lotion P50V
Are you intrigued yet? I bet you are, being lured in on this magical goodness where do you buy it?
If you live in the US, try:
• Vicki Morav
• Rescue Spa
Find Biologique Recherche products in Canada at:
• Bren’s Skin Care in Manitoba
• One2One Studio in Toronto
• La Chambre des Dames in Montreal
If you live anywhere else in the world head over to the Biologique Recherche’s website to get the contact information for the country, where you live.
What do you think, is the Lotion P50V worth the rave? Yes, I certainly do think so. Overall, I say this cream is worth every penny.
The P50 is a one in a million skin care product that can change your skin forever and give you the skin you have always dreamed of.
If you are looking for only a one time only investment, the P50 way is the way to go; I don’t think you will ever go back!